Stormseal is an innovative, patented, Australian product now being manufactured in the United States. Stormseal is designed to provide emergency storm damage protection for homes and businesses. This nationally recognized course covers theoretical and practical aspects of installing Stormseal together with working at height safety.
During the course we will assist you in developing safe work method statements and risk assessments for installing Stormseal film while working at height. This course will enable you to comply with current OHSA legislation, with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment.
Stormseal installation at heights training is focused on Stormseal film installation together with fall prevention rather than fall arrest. It is designed to equip workers with the knowledge and skills to safely install Stormseal in any height situation, primarily being aimed at insurance works and mainstream construction, including residential & commercial as well as strata & maintenance.
We recognize that while there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. The course will be customized to suit unique workplace requirements. Training covers risk assessment, selection and correct use of Stormseal products, and rigging of anchor systems, fall restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems.
- Prerequisite requirement is fall protection training for residential roofing. This course is offered through Safety Solutions & Supply in conjunction with the Stormseal course.
- For every non-certified installation crew there must be one certified installer.
- All certifications issued through Safety Solutions & Supply.
- For product information or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students will be required to join our NDA with Safety Solutions & Supply. Click here for a copy.
- Regulations and legislation
- Stormseal product overview
- Stormseal installation instruction and practical
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage, with focus on temporary anchor systems on residential roofs
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- The use of Stormseal in an “at-height” environment
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Training conducted by a Stormseal-approved Height Safety Specialist
- One 10-hour day of training. Up to 8 trainees per course. A typical course runs from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and national standards for working at height
- Recommendations and advice for specialized PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical, hands-on training
- Receive a nationally recognized Stormseal accredited installer card
- Train on Stormseal purpose-built simulators
- Gain access to Stormseal’s proprietary online ordering system